It's really easy to create your own theme for Reign, or even your own native client for iOS or Android. Just follow these simple guidelines and endpoints to get started.
After enabling 'Advanced Theming' in Reign's preferences. Reign will copy the contents of the default theme to ~/Reign/Spotify/Themes/Default.
Notice: updates for Reign might add/change functionality, requiring a manual update of your theme.
Reign broadcasts its server under a specific server type:
Browsing servers using NSNetServiceBrowser:
1 2 3
Handle discovered services in the delegate methods:
1 2 3
Read more about NSNetServiceBrowser.
Every Reign instance runs a web server that responds to several endpoints. For instance: /index.html will return the standard remote control.
Toggle's the Spotify player state between playing and paused.
Skips to the next track.
Skips to the previous track.
Returns the current Spotify client status. Containing now-playing information etc.
- client volume
- current album
- position in track in seconds
- combined track title and artist
- boolean indicating if the track is starred
- true if the server allows play/pause/next/prev commands
- Spotify url for the current track
- Spotify track id
- base64 encoded jpg containing the cover art
- track duration in seconds
- track artist
- track title