A new version of Timeless came out this Friday! Besides a whole bunch of under-the-hood tweaks and improvements it introduces two new features that were requested by a few of you.
I’ve also switched to a more liberal versioning system. This is update came out in 2020 (2020.3) and it’s update number three (2020.3) this year. In a more traditional versioning system I might’ve called this is 1.5 or even 2.0 release. 🚀
Let’s start with the new features. They were both requested several times and I think they’re great additions.
Both are premium features that will be unlocked when you buy a license for Timeless.
Connect the last and first time entry
This is a feature for night owls. Previously Timeless would create a range up to the last time entry, then turn idle until the first time entry the next morning. This won’t do if you’re getting something done between 10 PM and 3 AM. I’m excited to say that with version 2020.3 you can choose to bridge the gap between two consecutive, enabled days.
Simply enable the feature in the indicator preferences. That’s it. ✓
Customize the optional clock’s date components
Originally Timeless would always show the current day and time when the indicator is idle. If it’s Friday at 20:15, it would say “Mon 20:15”. The new default is to just show the time, clean and simple “20:15”. You can optionally add the current day and even display the full date “Mon 17 Feb 20:15”, exactly like how macOS allows you to do.
All date and time formats are of course displayed according to your current locale. 🌐
- The optional clock now has its own preference pane.
- Toggling a premium feature shows the registration window as a convenient sheet.
- A single internal timer makes sure all events happen at the right time.
- Toggling weekdays is now a premium feature. If you were using the free version, your current settings are preserved.
- The alignment of the time in the menu bar has been fixed for macOS 10.15.
- Lots of under the hood changes and improvements regarding the internal clock handling UI updates, waking from sleep etc.
That’s it. A lot has changed in this release. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, click the ‘Timeless Help’ item and let me know.
Enjoy the update! 🙂